VDC - [Part 6] - VLAN vs VRF vs VDC

S.N. VLAN VRF VDC
1 Basically VLAN divides a single large broadcast domain into multiple smaller broadcast domains. Basically It allows multiple instance of routing table in a single Layer 3 device (Router or Layer 3 Switch

Basically VDC divides one physical Nexus Switch into one or more logical nexus switches.
2 It will provide only separate layer-2 Data Plane. It will provide both Separate Layer 3 Data Plane and Control Plane. There are separate Layer-3 Management Data Plane, Control Plane and Data Plane for all VDC
3 There are same Management Plane and Control Plane. There are same Management Plane for all the virtual Routers. There are not same Management Plane for all VDC, it will be separate for alll VDC
SHARE

Anubhav Upadhyay

Hello and welcome to networktopic Blog. My name is Anubhav. I am a Senior Network Egineer. I have created this blog specially to serve interview questions and answer on Network Routing and Switching, I will try my best to serve correct and updated networking knowledge for you as per my corporate experience.

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

1 comments:

If you like my posts then please comment and if you don’t like then please suggest me to improve, and if you have any query related to post then please text me through the comment box or mail me on upadhyayambition@gmail.com , I will try my best to solve your queries as soon as possible.