VPC - [Part 7] - LOOP AVOIDANCE MECHANISM

VPC (Virtual Port Channel) has Loop Prevention mechanism.



  • VPC Check Rule - When traffic or frames come from VPC Member Port, then it cannot cross the VPC Peer-Link to reach the egress to any VPC member Port, as per VPC check rule, it is not allowed to avoid duplicate frame. If remote VPC peer has active VPC members in the same VPC, then traffic or frame can be forwarded via any other type of port like orphan port or L3 port. Check above diagram.



  • VPC check Exception - If Member Ports of VPC Peer are down then VPC member ports will become Orphan Ports and VPC check rule will be disabled. Means frames or traffic can cross the VPC Peer-Link. Check above diagram.
SHARE

Anubhav Upadhyay

Hello and welcome to networktopic Blog. My name is Anubhav. I am a Senior Network Egineer. I have created this blog specially to serve interview questions and answer on Network Routing and Switching, I will try my best to serve correct and updated networking knowledge for you as per my corporate experience.

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 comments:

If you like my posts then please comment and if you don’t like then please suggest me to improve, and if you have any query related to post then please text me through the comment box or mail me on upadhyayambition@gmail.com , I will try my best to solve your queries as soon as possible.